Applications open: February 7th, 2020
Applications reopen: June 7th, 2020
Due to the coronavirus outbreak and the subsequent postponement of the school we will reopen the applications from June 7th to June 19th. We remind that no fees are charged until registration, and the application is not binding.
Applications deadline: April 18th, 2020
June 19th, 2020 closed
Notification of acceptance and opening of registrations:
April 2020 September 2020
You will need a gmail account to apply (to be able to upload files). If you don't have a gmail account already or do not wish to use your current account, you can find instructions on creating a gmail account for free at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256.
When applying, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Personal information (name, contact, affiliation, country of residence, nationality).
- Up-to-date CV (your choice of template, must be a pdf file, 2 pages max).
- Statement of research interest (min. 500 characters, max. 2000 characters): describe e.g. your research interests, projects related to ML/AI you worked on or would like to work on, motivation for attending the summer school.
- (Optional) Links to open source contributions (e.g. github), if applicable.
- (Optional) List of publications, if applicable.
- (If requested) Motivation for scholarship request. Students will be selected on the basis of need, diversity and merit.
Note that it will not be possible to save and resume the application, so please collect all the required information before starting the process. Applications need to be completed in full to be submitted. Don't forget to hit the submit button at the end.
- Students (PhD, master, etc): 100€
- Postdoc and faculty: 200€
- Industry: 400€ (Note that the selection process prioritizes students to some extent. To secure place(s) for industry, companies could also consider the sponsorship option. Please contact the organizers at email@example.com for more details.)
The fees will cover invited talks, lectures, practical sessions, lunch and 2 coffee breaks per day.
Participation to a social dinner and to an optional cultural event is also included.
Accommodation and travel costs are not covered.
A limited number of scholarships will be made available to selected participants to cover (fully or partially) the costs of attending the school (this may include registration fees, accommodation, and/or travel).
Limited funding is available for registration-fee waivers and travel / accommodation scholarships.
Students will be selected for scholarships on the basis of need, diversity and merit.
We are thankful for the support of our sponsors:
- Registration waivers: 4 students will be sponsored by DeepMind to attend the school for free.
Gruppo Sella Scholarships:
- Registration waivers: 4 students will be sponsored by Banca Sella to attend the school for free.
Bending Spoons Scholarships:
- Registration waivers: 4 students will be sponsored by Bending Spoons to attend the school for free.
- Additional registration, travel and accommodation scholarships will be provided by the Summer School.
More scholarships will be added as funding becomes available.